عرض مشاركة واحدة
قديم 11-09-2008, 06:48 AM
أم فلوحي أم فلوحي غير متواجد حالياً
مهندس مبدع

تاريخ التسجيل: Mar 2006
الدولة: السعودية
المشاركات: 7,098
معدل تقييم المستوى: 33
أم فلوحي is a splendid one to behold أم فلوحي is a splendid one to behold أم فلوحي is a splendid one to behold أم فلوحي is a splendid one to behold أم فلوحي is a splendid one to behold أم فلوحي is a splendid one to behold أم فلوحي is a splendid one to behold
افتراضي How to turn an old window into illuminated wall art

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

What we used
an old barn sash window
scrap 1" x 3" pine
a piece of handy board
frosted glass spray
Contact paper
scissor and paper punch
LED light strip
table saw, screws, drill, nails hammer, etc

What we did

First, using the 1" x 3" we made a simple box frame, which we attached to the inside of the window

Then I painted the entire front and sides of the window with a couple of coats of latex enamel

Next, I made flower stickers out of the Contact paper, using a scissors to cut stems and a paper punch to make flowers. I stuck the stickers onto the inside bottom of the window’s panes

I sprayed the panes inside with the frosting spray

After the frosting spray was dry, I carefully removed the Contact paper

Then I installed a cool burning LED light strip to the inside bottom of the window. We also drilled a hole at the bottom of the window through which to feed the LED’s power cord

I chose to add a back to my window/light fixture/wall art as the contrast between my wall color and the frosted glass wasn’t great enough to make the Contact paper cutouts really ‘pop’. For the back, I used a thin piece of handy board, cut to size and painted a rich chocolate brown. Note: for safety's sake, don't let your light run all night long; it would be best to plug it into a timer

After attaching the back to the window and installing a hanger, my window/light fixture/wall art was complete

ام فلوحي